8/12/10

Good as Gold

I would have never considered gold a go to color when getting dressed or shopping for new clothes, but I've started reconsidering it after recently seeing several editorals and magazine spreads featuring it. Gold is definitely attention grabber and can add a lot of glam or edge to any look. When wearing gold for a more glamorous, formal look keep the rest of the look simple. I love that this look is edgy. There is no way that wearing something like this wouldn't make you feel instantly the most confident person in the room.

Look 1:
Strappless Dress $325 - bunnyhug.co.uk
Black Eye Shadow $4.49 - amazon.com
Betsey Johnson Leopard Watch $96 - buckle.com
3 Karat Black Studs $395 - ice.com
Suede Ankle Boot $1,080 - brownsfashion.com
Gold is a great color for a formal or special event. It instantly makes you look like a million bucks and ensures that you will get a ton of compliments. I think that nude or black heels work best with a gold dress. With Look 2 I chose earrings that would add a pop of color.

Look 2:
Gold Bandage Dress $1,250 - neimanmarcus.com
Carat drop earrings $1,865 - uk.tiffany.com
Nude Cage Platform Sandals $995 - saksfifthavenue.com
Michael Kors Gold Clutch $178 - michaelkors.com

Look 3:
Michael Kors Dress $1,048 - theoutnet.com
Gold Earrings $225 - net-a-porter.com
Clutch $490 - aspinaloflondon.com
Platform Metallic Shoe $67 - oli.co.uk
This look is very fun and youthful. I think it would be great for wearing out to a party, out to dinner or a night on the town with your friends. And these pieces would be great for mixing and matching. The blazer and pencil skirt would be great for work or school. The ankle boots would be amazing with skinny jeans or leggings.

Look 4:
Juicy Couture Blazer Black $515 - jades24.com
Sequined Tank Gold $78 - conleys.de
Stretch Mini Skirt $16 - canada.forever21.com
Leather Ankle Boots with Stud Detailing $800 - brownsfashion.com
Large Handbag $2,785 - mytheresa.com
Tory Burch Bangles $195 - toryburch.com
Bow Earrings $49 - asos.com
These are a few more random items I love that could add a little touch gold to your closet.

Navy Blazer Gold Buttons $2,175 - mrsh.se
Nine West Gold Pumps $160 - ninewest.com
Caesar gold leaf hairband $405 - net-a-porter.com
Knitted Gold Button Cardigan $65 - topshop.com
JUICY COUTURE GOLD ENAMEL Jewelery $60 - farfetch.com
Gold Jacquard Skirt $44 - missselfridge.com
Anne Klein Watch $125 - endless.com
Gold Leaf Kilt Pin Brooch $73 - hannahzakari.co.uk
Multi Strand Necklace $179 - zappos.com

♥ Sunny

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I'm following you now because I need someone to show me what's in style these days. I used to know and now I'm clueless. I'd love to see these looks for less. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post - you're right, my nail polish would go so well with this stuff! I love the black & gold and navy & gold combo - so classy!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gold is gorgeous!! I love these little collages :) Beauitful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning golden pieces:)

    http://minnja.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMAZING, LOVE all of your mix and collages, BRILLIANT!!! xoxo, J

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments. They really make our day.